Choose your menu

CLASSIC4x4

ABOUT RARE PARTS


We launched Rare Parts, Inc. in 1981 with the vision of having every part available, for every model car, truck or off-road vehicle, every time. Today, that vision is a reality, with millions of parts in stock and ready to ship.


Rare Parts stocks the available product lines from Moog, Mcquay-Norris, TRW and more. When a part goes obsolete, or has never been available in the aftermarket, Rare Parts uses its full in-house machine shop and testing facility to design, test and manufacture it.


We currently manufacture thousands of parts right here in Stockton, California.

HISTORY AND LEGACY

Here’s a quick look at our company over the years.

  • 1980

    First part was made. 1957 Buick ball joints
  • 1981

    Rare Parts, Inc. was created.
  • 1982

    First Rare Parts building built (3,000 square feet).
  • 1987

    We purchased our first CNC machine.
  • 1989

    Landed our first large account, SEARS.
  • 1990

    Signed with CSK.
  • 1993

    As Rare Parts continued to grow, it was time for a bigger building. This time it was 28,000 sq. ft. with steering and suspension parts casted into the concrete tilt ups. Getting serious!
  • 1994

    Signed with LES SCHWAB
  • 1995

    Signed with AUTOZONE.
  • 1996

    Signed with ADVANCE AUTO PARTS.
  • 1997

    In house testing facility was built. We needed more room for additional testing equipment.
  • 1998

    Signed with O’REILLY AUTO PARTS.
  • 2002

    As we continued to grow, another tilt up building was built next door. 18,800 sq. ft.
  • 2003

    Started working with AM GENERAL.
  • 2004

    Signed with NAPA AUTO PARTS.
  • 2005

    Danny Burgess becomes President of Rare Parts. Marshall Giorgi becomes Vice President.
  • 2008

    Diamond Series line was named.
  • 2008

    Signed with CARQUEST.
  • 2010

    Applied for our first patent, Fab Series.
  • 2011

    Expanded manufacturing.