RareParts History and Legacy

A proud past leading to a brighter future. Here’s a look at our company over the years.

  • 1980

    First part was made. 1957 Buick ball joints
  • 1981

    Rare Parts, Inc. was created.
  • 1982

    Lyle built his first Rare Parts building. 3,000 sq. ft.
  • 1987

    We purchased our first CNC machine.
  • 1989

    Landed our first large account, SEARS.
  • 1990

    Signed with CSK.
  • 1993

    As Rare Parts continued to grow, it was time for Lyle to build a bigger building. This time it was 28,000 sq. ft. with steering and suspension parts casted into the concrete tilt ups. Getting serious!
  • 1994

    Signed with LES SCHWAB
  • 1995

    Signed with AUTOZONE.
  • 1996

    Signed with ADVANCE AUTO PARTS.
  • 1997

    In house testing facility was built. We needed more room for additional testing equipment.
  • 1998

    Signed with O’REILLY AUTO PARTS.
  • 2002

    As we continued to grow, another tilt up building was built next door. 18,800 sq. ft.
  • 2003

    Started working with AM GENERAL.
  • 2004

    Signed with NAPA AUTO PARTS.
  • 2005

    Lyle and Paula Burgess promoted Danny Burgess to President and Marshall Giorgi to Vice President. Lyle assumed the position of Chairman of the board.
  • 2008

    Diamond Series line was named.
  • 2008

    Signed with CARQUEST.
  • 2010

    Applied for our first patent, Fab Series.
  • 2011

    Expanded manufacturing.